Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Humility

I was just reading my good friend (probably one of my best friends) tims blog - and it made me realize that authenticity is what i've been needing in my life.
So here goes some authenticity! i have really been struggling with my relationships in Manhattan. i took kate there a couple of months ago so that she could meet my family (part of it) and not really having "high expectations" about the weekend, I was let down. i didn't realize the impact that bringing my girlfriend (especially to those who have seen one side of a broken relationship) would have. a friend of mine confronted me about our relationship and the rest of my "time off" was spent in partial anger, and partial shame (as though i had let my friends down) .
The only reason i say this is b/c resently i talked to another good friend who was questioning the relationship. it made me realize that i have not done well at all to communicate my life in branson, especially my relationship with kate.
how does a sophomore in college communicate growth, especially when he goes home to everyone treating him like they did when he was in high school? that is not an arrogent statement like, "look at me, i'm so much more mature!" which any growth that i have recieved has been purely God!!!! right now, i'm just venting.
i just wanted everyone to know - which includes my manhattan friends, that i love you guys and i'm so sorry for loosing connection with you guys. it's wounded me down into my heart. i pray that whatever time, space, or growth was lost the holy spirit would fill the gaps. Glory to the Holy Spirit!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nick,
Thanks for the candor and the vulnerability. That will go along way in this strange process of life. Be strong in the grace that is Jesus Christ.
DR

Tim said...

Hey buddy,

I think you are doing a great job of honesty and humility. I know that it is such a struggle. It has been so cool to see your heart come out in all this stuff.

kate said...

honey pie,
i'm so proud of you every day. not in the way that a dad is proud of his son for doing things well -- condescendingly nodding in approval...
more so proud of how you keep on struggling with the hard things without letting go... of how you keep slogging through them. you're an example of humility to me consistently, not just in this one post. i'm inspired by your constant desire to be living a life of grace and glory to god.

i'm so thankful that you share your life with me.

Erica Joy said...

I'm proud of you too friend, and thankful for you. THanks for coming up and hugging me yesterday. I like that you're not afraid of emotional women. That's two times you've hugged me when I've been crying! :) I'm pretty sure that Jesus is strong in you.

Play Bazaar said...

satta king

satta king

satta king They must have strict guidelines to follow, or they could get hurt or annoy others. For example, talk to them about screaming and how their voices could disturb others.

Unknown said...

In the event that you have to fix your acknowledge, consider talking with a credit fix instructor. Many credit fix advisors can enable you to have even the biggest obligations paid off in only a couple of years. An advocate will know superior to you what steps to take and what directs to follow in combining your obligation and building new credit. Satta King
Play Bazaar

Play said...

Paying your bills is something you need to do to repair your credit. However, it's not enough to just pay your bills; you need to make your payments on time and in full. Once you have started to pay towards your past-due accounts, you credit score will gradually improve.
Satta King
Play Bazaar

sattakingplaybazaar said...

play bazaar

satta king To begin with, you need to pay an expense to keep re-broadening your advance until you can take care of it.

Play Bazaar said...

Flip domain names for quick cash. A creative person can make good money by purchasing potentially popular domain names and selling them later at a profit. Sure it takes a small investment, but, like real estate, it can really make you a hefty profit. See which keywords are currently trending by using Google Adsense or similar sites. Create domains that are based on acronyms. Predicting popular domain names of the future can be quite profitable. Give it a try! Satta King Expert Tips And Tricks For Lead Generation Play Bazaar

playbajar said...

Turn off your Wi-Fi when not in use. Your iPad will constantly search for Wi-Fi signals even when you don't want it to. That is, if your Wi-Fi is turned on. When you are out and about and don't need Wi-Fi, simply turn it off. It will extend your battery.satta king
play bazaar
satta matka

Unknown said...

The best time to apply body lotion is straightforwardly after you shower. Use it before you get dry, or after a delicately towel drying. This will assist with locking the dampness from the shower into your skin, multiplying the advantages of the lotion. It will likewise necessitate that you utilize less of the item.
Satta King
Play Bazaar

Satta King said...

To monitor what you are doing well, you have to know precisely what number of individuals who visited your site wound up purchasing your items. You can do this by utilizing a structure for guests to top off to request more data or request the item. You can likewise list a telephone number of your site not quite the same as the one you list on your different types of ad and monitor the calls you get. Satta King Play Bazaar